Sunday, January 8, 2012

Estate Sale Finds



We went to our first estate sale the other day. We picked up a few things. Francesco found the wool hat pictured. The beautiful chair we picked up for $20 is my absolute favorite! The cushion isn't even lumpy or sagging. It's like it hadn't been used. I'm going to look into re-upholstering it. If the seat cushion didn't have a tear in it we would just leave it as is. 

Have you ever been to an estate sale? 

I didn't know what to expect when we went. I thought everything that was for sale would be in one main room. I didn't expect for it be a whole house rummaging situation---basement, bedrooms, and closets included. It felt weird to do that especially when I thought of how I was potentially rummaging through someones home who was recently deceased. 

Are all estate sales a whole house rummaging experience?

Despite having had funny feelings about rummaging a strangers home, I would do it again. There are some great things to be found and given a new home.

1 comment: